Open Position: R Package for Multi-omics Data Integration
We are looking for a motivated student with excellent skills in R to join a collaborative project for developing an open source software to support the analysis of multi-omics data. Our recently developed Bayesian approach for modelling multi-view data by integrating domain expertise (MuVI) is currently only supported in Python. The goal of the project is to further develop the MuVI framework and extend its functionality into an R package. You will work closely with other team members, and participate regularly in group dicussions. The work schedule is very flexible. Note that this position may also be fully remote.
- Writing clean, maintainable and well-documented code.
- Developing a reticulate interface to facilitate interoperability between Python and R.
- Developing an R package according to the Bioconductor principles and guidelines.
- Participating actively in group meetings.
- Currently enrolled in a German university and are studying informatics, bioinformatics, mathematics, physics or related.
- Experienced in R, and have a basic understanding of developing packages in R.
- Basic knowledge in Python (preferred).
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
Click on the project link above and take a look at our GitHub repository!
If you have any questions or would like to submit an application, use our contact form or send an email to arber.qoku ‘at’ dkfz.de with a short introduction and your CV.